- 1.5 oz. Mount Gay Eclipse rum
- 0.5 oz. Plantation overproof rum
- 0.5 oz. creme de cacao (Tempus Fugit)
- 0.25 oz. passion fruit syrup
- 0.25 oz. lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Shake with ice and strain into glass over shaved ice.
I wanted to make a rum cocktail with chocolate and passion fruit. It really didn’t need much more than that. The lemon juice brought needed acid to the sweetness of the other mixers, and the Angostura deepened the flavor. I was missing the rum in the end so added a strong kick from the overproof.
Short and sweet and delivered exactly what I wanted in a tropical sipper at the moment. The choice to age it in a used treasure chest is yours, but I’ll take mine now.