- 1.0 oz. aged Jamaican rum (Appleton Reserve)
- 1.0 oz. aged rhum agricole (Barbancourt 8)
- 0.5 oz. coconut liqueur (Kalani)
- 0.5 oz. lime juice
- 0.5 oz. passion fruit syrup (Yes Cocktail Co)
- 0.25 oz. amaro (Brovo Amaro #14)
- 0.25 oz. Green Chartreuse
Shake with ice and strain over cracked ice into a mule mug. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Every so often I have no rhyme or reason and start playing with a bunch of flavors, often with a tiki direction. I had the passion fruit syrup on hand and used split rums as a base, then just went at it. It doesn’t always work not having a plan. But here it worked wonderfully.
I was surprised I couldn’t find this name attached to a cocktail. There were several Mainbrace cocktails I could find, but not the full phrase, which was slang for giving sailors their daily ration of rum. If it’s a good night maybe double that ration.
Leave a Reply