Elephant in the Room
- 1.5 oz. Elephant London Dry gin
- 0.5 oz. Puerto de Indias Strawberry gin
- 0.5 oz. Edinburgh Rhubarb and Ginger liqueur
- 0.5 oz. Yellow Chartreuse
- 0.25 oz. lemon juice
- Dash of 18.21 Earl Grey bitters
Shake with ice and strain into coupe.
This one started out with me playing with the rhubarb and ginger liqueur. I wanted to pair that with the strawberry, but didn’t want too much additional sweetness so split that gin base with the Elephant London Dry, which I felt offered enough botanical interest to stand up to the other flavors. The Yellow Chartreuse smoothed things out and broadened the herbaceousness even further, but the drink needed some acid so a little lemon was added. The bitters completed the picture.
Yes, the name came directly because of the gin. Change the gin and you have to modify the name. Rules are rules.
Leave a Reply