- 1.0 oz. Funk Jamaican rum
- 0.5 oz. Bacardi 8
- 0.5 oz. Rhum Barbancourt 4
- 0.5 oz. Rhum Clement Mahina Coco Coconut Liqueur
- 0.5 oz. passion fruit liqueur
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 0.25 oz. Green Chartreuse
- 0.25 oz. vanilla liqueur
- dash of El Guapo Polynesian Kiss bitters
Shake with ice and strain into glass over crushed ice.
This began with passion fruit and vanilla. Then the rum was layered in (counting the coconut liqueur there are four) and lemon was added to cut through it all. It still needed something, and so I tried some Chartreuse and that was just the fit, with some bitters to round it out in the end.
I’m not sure how I found the green sea turtle that is called honu in Hawaii, but I liked the sound of the name and there was a tie to the Green Chartreuse so there it was. And maybe this drink will bring you out of your shell.
Leave a Reply