Fit To Be Thai’d
- 1.0 oz. Bombay Sapphire East Gin
- 1.0 oz. Emshika’s Garden Thai Chili Gin
- 0.5 oz. Clement Mahina Coco Coconut Liqueur
- 0.25 oz. ginger liqueur (Domaine de Canton)
- 0.25 oz. Wild Moon Cucumber Liqueur
- 0.25 oz. Lillet Blanc
- 0.25 oz. lime juice
- Dash of Bangkok Betty Thai spice bitters
Shake with ice and strain into glass. Garnish with candied ginger.
Tamworth Distillery has some wonderful and distinct offerings (beaver musk whiskey, anyone?), and their selection of gins especially so. Their Emshika’s Garden has the bite of spicy Thai chilies, and here I tempered it a little with Bombay Sapphire East’s complimentary flavors to reduce the spice level. Sticking to a Thai flavor profile I added coconut and cucumber with a little ginger, then some bitterness from the vermouth and bitters (which add back in a touch of spice).
The naming of this drink was done at my cocktail-naming evening, but unfortunately the one chosen, Thai One On, had already been used a number of times. So I employed another similar pun. It seemed to fit.