My Special Purpose
- 2.0 oz. Porter’s Tropical Old Tom gin
- 0.25 oz. vanilla liqueur (Giffard)
- 0.25 oz. Green Chartreuse
- 0.25 oz. Velvet Falernum
- 0.25 oz. lemon juice
- dash of El Guapo Polynesian Kiss bitters
- dash of El Guapo Barrel-Aged Vanilla bitters
Shake with ice then strain into glass.
The Porter’s Old Tom has hints of passion fruit, and I’ve always enjoyed that flavor with vanilla so added that liqueur. Lemon adds to the tropical feel and the acid, and I balanced it with some falernum sweetness and herbal Chartreuse.
The name was roundabout from the early Steve Martin movie The Jerk. I won’t go through the loose logic that got me there. But I’ve finally found My Special Purpose!