- 1.0 oz. Aged rum (Bacardi 8)
- 0.5 oz. Aged rhum agricole (Clement VSOP)
- 0.5 oz. Banana liqueur (Tempus Fugit)
- 0.5 oz. Lemon juice
- 0.25 oz. Lime juice
- 0.25 oz. Cinnamon syrup
- 0.25 oz. Allspice dram
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Shake with ice and strain over cracked ice.
Here is my tiki offering WITH citrus. I love love love banana liqueur. You might even catch me upping the amount here to 3/4 an ounce. Nothing wrong with that.
Left at Albuquerque
- 1.5 oz. Dill Aquavit
- 0.5 oz. Thym liqueur
- 0.5 oz. Lillet Blanc
- 0.25 oz. Carrot eue de vie
- 0.25 oz. Lemon juice
- dash of cardamom bitters
Shake with ice then strain into a Nick and Nora.
Here I had the carrot brandy and the dill aquavit and wanted to build something around those. Very vegetal and tasty.
Don’t have much to say on this one, except I wanted a tiki cocktail that didnt require me to have fruit on hand. Nice and rummy with bright and bitter notes.
- 1.0 oz. Plantation pineapple rum
- 0.75 oz. aged rum (Bacardi 8)
- 0.5 oz. Golden Falernum
- 0.5 oz. Cocchi Americano
- 0.25 oz. Pineapple liqueur (Giffard’s)
- 0.125 oz. Allspice Dram
- dash of Angostura
- dash of charred pineapple bitters
Stir with ice and strain into coupe or over cracked ice into tiki mug.
This may be my first cocktail I’ve listed that is not tied to a show or challenge. But I have a lot of them written down and thought it was time to record them here. This one was all about the apple cordial and cider syrup. Combining with fennel just made sense. I will admit I repeated this one a few nights in a row.
How D’ya Like Them Apples
- 1.0 oz. Apple brandy (North Country from GrandTen)
- 0.75 oz. Cocchi Americano
- 0.5 oz. Deacon Giles Apple Cordial
- 0.5 oz. Fennel liqueur
- 0.25 oz. Apple cider syrup
- 0.25 oz. Kummel
Stir with ice and strain into a coupe. Garnish with dehydrated apple slice and a spritz of absinthe.