- 2.0 oz. Japanese gin (Roku)
- 0.5 oz. yuzu liqueur (Choya)
- 0.25 oz. lychee liqueur (Massenez)
- 0.25 oz. ginger liqueur (King’s)
- dash of yuzu bitters (Miracle Mile)
Stir with ice and strain into Nick and Nora.
Not much to explain on this one. I started with a Japanese gin and wanted to highlight it with other Japanese ingredients. The yuzu liqueur offers enough acid that no citrus is needed, but more sweetness is necessary. Thus the ginger and lychee came to play. Finally, some yuzu bitters were added for balance. A nice, bright yet subtle drink.
I named this Shiodome as that was my first real introduction to Tokyo, off the plane and train. For a couple of years I went out fairly regularly for a job, around once a quarter, and the Shiodome district was where my clients — and my hotel — were located.