There Are No Monkeys in Hawaii
- 1.5 oz. Scarlet Ibis rum
- 0.5 oz. Clément V.S.O.P. Rhum Agricole Vieux
- 0.5 oz. crème de banane (Tempus Fugit)
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 0.25 oz. lime juice
- 0.25 oz. cinnamon syrup
- 0.25 oz. honey syrup (1:1)
- 0.25 oz. allspice dram (Bitter Truth)
- 0.25 oz. Cruzan blackstrap rum
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Shake with ice and strain into glass over crushed ice.
Ok, so I wanted to make another tiki drink with banana, and after a couple of iterations I developed the above. As I was writing this up I thought I might compare it with other banana drinks I might have made (there have only been a few). Turns out, I inadvertently replicated almost exactly a drink from a year ago, Daylight Come, except for the addition of honey syrup and blackstrap.
So enjoy a second round on me!