Jane Goodall’s All Good
- 2.0 oz. Scarlet Ibis rum
- 0.75 oz. creme de banane (Tempus Fugit)
- 0.25 oz. coffee liqueur (St. George NOLA)
- 0.25 oz. macadamia nut liqueur (Trader Vic’s)
- 0.25 oz. blackstrap rum (Cruzan)
- 0.25 oz. lime juice
- dash of tobacco bitters (Bitter Queens Marie Laveau)
Shake with ice then strain into coupe.
Rum and banana are one of my favorite tropical or tiki bases for a drink. The macadamia and the banana liqueurs pair nicely together, but are fairly sweet in combination. So the coffee adds a needed bitterness and depth, which is only enhanced by the molasses blackstrap. Of course we need the acid hit to counter and balance, and the tobacco bitter evens everything out.
The name was contributed by my friend, the Pun-lord Andrew Child. I’ll probably not use any more monkey and ape puns and idioms for my banana drinks.
Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.